Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mumbai Slice -- Happy New year, a Culture Shock!

WARNING: Explicit content!

"Is baar kuch naya karna hai yaar New Year pe" said a colleague who also happened to be one of my training partners. New year 2004, Bidding adieu to 2003, my most successful year so far. He said he his friend from the army was also going to join him from Pune. So what would we do came the next question. We had no cash to go some expensive parties, not tat we were exposed to such parties. We had not girls with us, which means where ever stag entry was not allowed, we were not to go, Stag parties were expensive, and hence a strict no no. Finally by the time we discussed, it was about 6:00 in the evening on 31st of December and will still did not have a plan. So as always we decided to go and then check it out. We would meet at BimbisarNagar in Goregaon / Jogeshwari at 8:30. We met and then decided to go to Juhu, the most hep place which was nearest to Goegaon. We went to the Jogeshwari station and reached Andheri, took a walk all the way to Juhu. What a walk that was. A walk in heaven... "Babe Heaven" a perfect place for a horny bachelor. Plunging neckline, "raising the bar" on the Top, waistline, Looooooooooooowwwwwwwwww waist jeans ... phew.
Finally we reached Juhu at about 10:30. Juhu was more like a carnival. The Police as usual was working overtime to keep this high libido crowd in check. All in all a frolicking atmosphere. Had Ice Gola which I can say was the best I ever had till date and looking at the current location I stay in, it is the best I will have for a long long time. Sugar Cotton candy - floss, I must say, a treat for the light pocket. I must reiterate at the danger of you considering me repetitive, There were girls, girls, girls ... and MORE GIRLS. short ones, long ones, sweet ones, cute ones, horny ones, voluptuous ones, yummy ones, Behnji ones .... everyone, a feast of the keen eyed
I have studied in Manipal and seen quite a few people, quite a few incidents which can be classified from wacky to outright bizarre ... but believe me, nothing can prepare you for this. It is 12:00 mid night, there are fire crackers, people wishing everyone on the beach, music etc ... I felt out of place from all this , and strayed absent mindedly towards the parking lot. I saw quite a few cars wobbling, moving sideways, some slow, some fast. I dint venture close, for the fear of alarming the happy couples. But from the distance, I could see a girl barely legal ... hopping like a rabbit on this person. She could be passed to be any one you see on the road, someone you know, nothing different about her, yet she was there, on this hideous looking chap moving like a cork on water. This shook me. Staggering I came down back to the beach. I saw a woman, say in her thirties walking along the crowded beach with her husband and probably her sister. They were about to leave the beach, they had to cross a groups of ruffians, who fully utilized the chance the crowd had provided them. I was too far to prevent anything, not that I had any intent of fighting the guys, who looked tough. I would surely be beaten to pulp, so I would help the woman and her hapless husband to safety, I was late, they had crossed over, all I could hear was one of them saying ..." Maine dono ka dabaya" it was nauseating. Shaken I thought it was enough for that day, and asked my friend to leave that place and move to somewhere else. We finally decided to have our dinner at the local hotel in Jogeshwari.
Why is this part important? because, This is the first time I had RUM in my life, and the second I had drunk, first time I had drinks with friends. I loved the taste of RUM- Bacardi... This Army chap or rather the Airforce pilot was a pro on drinks... He made a drink which I could never replicate. I had Bacardi, with lemon, ICE (lots of it) and a green chilli which was dunked in lemon juice for 5 mins. I have tried to recreate this 'magic', many a times after this try, but could never do it. The taste ... was more like having chat ... Cold ice, drink bruning your throat, tangy taste of lime, and finally the tongue burns due to the chilly. Gives you a taste of heaven itself. I had over 150ml and felt nice. First time I was really on a high after drinking.
Well high hopes of "kuch naya karna " was dashed but, was i happy yes ... I was really "HAPPY" ;)

No comments: